Here at Monkton Infant School we encourage and promote good, respectful, kind and thoughtful behaviour. We have a golden rules system that the children have to abide by throughout the school day.
We teach all year groups about the school rules and reward the children for sticking to them.
Our golden rules are:
1. We are gentle and we don’t hurt others.
2. We are kind and helpful and we don’t hurt anybody’s feelings.
3. We listen and don’t interrupt.
4. We are honest and we don’t cover up the truth.
5. We work hard, we don’t waste our own or others’ time.
6. We look after property. We never waste or damage things.
Each Friday in our whole school assembly, 2 children from each class are awarded a Golden Award certificate to celebrate their achievement in following the rules that week.